As a global leader in positive displacement pumping solutions, Viking Pump realized the importance of having a supply of quality castings from which to build their pumps. As part of reorganization and a recapitalization program in 1929, Viking purchased two foundries.
The Banner Brass Foundry became the Viking Pump Brass Foundry. In 1959, with the advent of induction melting facilities and the introduction of pouring stainless steel, this foundry became the Viking Pump Alloys Foundry. Today, this foundry has expanded to approximately 32,000 square feet.
The Falls Iron Foundry became the Viking Pump Iron Foundry. The 78,000 square foot Iron Foundry has moved twice since its original purchase. Since 1976, it has been located adjacent to the Viking Pump Machine Shop.